Monday, October 09, 2006

GOD'S RESPONSE TO UNACCEPTABLE WORSHIP

ISAIAH 1:10-17(CEV)

"You are no better than the leaders and people of Sodom and Gomorrah!
So listen to the LORD God: 'Your Sacrifices mean nothing to me. I am sick of your offerings of rams and choice cattle; I don't like the blood of bulls or lambs or goats. Who asked you to bring all this when you come to worship me? Stay out of my temple! Your sacrifices are worthless, and incense is disgusting. I can't stand the evil you do on your New Moon Festivals or on your Sabbaths and other times of worship. I hate your New Moon Festivals and all others as well. They are a heavy burden I am tired of carrying. No matter how much you pray, I won't listen. You are too violent. Wash yourselves clean! I am disgusted with your filthy deeds.

Stop doing wrong and learn to live right. See that justice is done. Defend widows and orphans and help those in need."'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home