Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A VOICE FOR WISDOM

Here in Seoul, our ears are barraged daily by the voices of vendors selling their goods. Men in small trucks with roof-mounted speakers drive through the neighborhoods blaring their message to come buy. Little old ladies call out from the street corners to entice passersby to take a look at their merchandise. Even in grocery stores, salesmen call out from their various departments telling shoppers of the good deals waiting for them. The calls are loud and insistent. The book of Proverbs tells us that the same situation occurs in the marketplace of life. Wisdom is calling out to any who will listen. She tells of the excellence of her merchandise. Foolishness also is hawking her wares. She cries boisterously and attracts many customers. As I have ventured around the "marketplace" of the internet, I have heard many voices supporting foolishness and what she has to offer. I fear the voice of wisdom is nearly drowned out. I want to be a voice that lends itself to the cause of wisdom. That is the intent of this blog. I want to share God's wisdom(His Word) through this site. Scripture will be posted with little or no comment from me. The Holy Spirit is a far better teacher than I. However, if you as a reader desire to comment or discuss(not argue) a passage, I would be happy to hear from you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home